Friday, May 04, 2007

Gone to Budapest...

...in a train and everything. Back soon.

I think I need intensive hydrotherapy of a Hungarian kind. The almost uncontrollable urge to write something that while definitely not a book review,* might contain an actual opinion about something related to the contents of said book is just about killing me.

In the meantime, sitting on my hands while my mind does the boggling thing and my mouse does the link-surfing thing seems the safest option, since I have no time. Dammit.


*As opposed to yet another nail in the cherub-bedecked coffin of civilized discourse and a crushing blow with an unflatteringly large, spiked mace to the spiritual welfare of the world as we know it. Probably it also eats grubs, wears a smelly dressing-gown all day long and neglects its monthly waxing appointment.

3 comments:

The Richard said...

Bon voyage, I hope you meet no hairy hounds (he says, quoting My Fair Lady).

I am wondering now whether your photos could be collected , printed on thin shiny paper with a communist-era-grey immitation-fabric jacket and sold, to tumultuous acclaim, worldwide.

Bob & Muffintop said...

Bon voyage & godspeed et al.

EvilAuntiePeril said...

hi tricky, no hairy hounds, but a lot of rain... you'll be happy to know that i filled up my camera with photos, so there's bound to be at least one or two that are publishable. we shall see...

and hello bookwormom, thanks for the good wishes.